- the judge who convicted you does not allow you to attend a DDP or receive a conditional license, or
- you do not have a valid NYS license or a NYS license that can be renewed, or
- you attended a Drinking Driver Program during the last five years, or
- you had another alcohol or drug-related violation during the last five years.
If you receive a conditional license, it is valid to drive only:
- to and from work, and during work if driving is part of your job.
- to and from a class at an accredited school or college.
- to transport your child to and from a child care facility or school when necessary to maintain your employment.
- to and from DDP classes and any required evaluation or treatment.
- to and from a state or county motor vehicle office for business related to your conditional license
- to and from court-ordered probation activities.
- to and from medical examinations or treatment for you or a member of your family, as certified in writing by a physician.
- during the three-hour weekly period listed on your conditional license attachment.
J. John Sebastian, Attorney